History of H.U.C.C
Our club's motto is 'Strength through Loyalty'
Club History 1926 - Present
On the 10th September 1926 a meeting between members of the local Methodist church was held with a proposal to start a cricket team. Thus the Hampton Methodist cricket club was born. The club played in the Brighton district cricket association and in 1955 transferred to the city of Moorabbin cricket association now know as the southeast cricket association. In 1976-1977 we also fielded a junior team in the federal district cricket association. This was also the year we changed our name to Hampton united.
From humble beginnings in 1926 the senior section has grown over the years accompanied by the introduction of junior teams u16 in 1954-1955, u14 in 1974-1975 and u12 in 1976-1977. Our peak period was during 1984-1988 when we fielded ten teams. It was also one of our clubs most successful on field periods.
Our club has won 27 premierships the first being in 1931-1932. In 1990-1991 we became the first club in the CMCA to win three senior premierships in one season a feat we repeated in the 1996-1997 season. Along with this in 1983-1984 we were awarded the prestigious CMCA lioyd champion club championship.
The strength of the club is its players and over the years we have had a mixture of talent and personalities that give the club character. Special credit must go to our committees that have steered the club through good and bad times ensuring a viable and competitive club. Since 1926 the club colours have been purple and gold and our club motto is ‘ Strength Through Loyalty.’
Designed and Produced by HUCC